Young Investigators Workshop at EAHAD 2019
|14:00 – 17:00
|YOUNG INVESTIGATORS WORKSHOP
|14:00 – 14:30
|Karin Fijn van Draat
|14:30 – 16:00
|Participant presentation of ongoing projects
|16:00 – 16:30
|How to submit a paper and respond to reviewer/editor feedback
|16:30 – 17:00
|Wrap up discussion and conclusions
EAHAD is excited to announce that our 2019 Congress will feature an interactive half-day workshop for Young Investigators on 5 February from 14:00 to 17:00, on the topics of:
- Finding the answer to your question – a workshop on study design
- How to write and publish your research
Research projects have the aim to answer questions that are vital for medical progress. To perform a successful research project, it is essential to formulate the right research question and to use the right design for the study. Once the study is completed, it is paramount to share your results by getting them published.
The aim of this Young Investigator Workshop is to teach clinical and translational researchers:
- How to formulate the right research question
- How to choose the correct study design
- How to write up your research for publication, with tips on how to increase your chances of getting your paper accepted at the first attempt
Participants will be asked to prepare a short presentation on one of their research projects, within the clinical or translational domain. Basic experimental research projects do not qualify.
While it is not mandatory to present a research project, participants who volunteer to do so will receive a certificate attesting to this.